Thursday, January 20, 2011

The XP : Wanted

Discontent & Disconnect

The Wanted series is all about getting to the root of our desires. What drives us? What captures our interest, our time and our affection?What are we worshipping? And is what we want really going to satisfy us, or are we really desiring far less than what God has made us to have?

This XP is about coming to terms with the things we thought we wanted, we thought would deliver, but have disappointed. The goal is for you to spend some time being introspective (really thinking about it) as you look at the clothes that fill your closest, the DVDs on your shelf, the games in your room, the CDs in your drawer (and songs in your iTunes library) and ask yourself if what you wanted when you purchased them was what you really wanted. Did it deliver or did it leave you feeling empty and discontent?

Now... I want you to go through all your "stuff" and decide on AT LEAST 1 thing that you'd like to give away to someone less fortunate than you. At least 1 but as many as you'd like. And while you're doing this, ask yourself the following questions:

- When did I get this?
- How badly did I want it when I first got it?
- How long has it been since I used it?
- What was I expecting this thing to do for me once I had it in my possession? Was life different before getting it compared to after getting it?
- How long did it keep my interest before I wanted something else?
- Is there something I want just as badly right now? Where will this thing most likely be a week from now, a month from now, a year from now, two years from now?

Be sure and bring your item(s) to church next Wednesday night, January 26. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to leave a comment or give me a call! See you then : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting?! I'm so proud!!